September 24, 2004

I'm in hospital

Well, aren’t I having a grand old time in KL. Wednesday, I was admitted to hospital with acute pain in my lower abdomen. Since then I have been put through various tests, some more uncomfortable than others, the most memorable of which (til now anyway) was definitely the CT scan. The pain when they injected the dye coupled with having to hold my breath whilst being scanned was a sensation I never want to experience again. That, and of course this horrific abdomen pain which has lodged itself firmly in my gut. Thankfully antibiotics do provide some relief until they know the definite cause of my discomfort. They’ve just ruled out acute appendicitis as well as urinary tract / kidney infection so I’m happy. (Thursday 23rd September)
*News flash* in 45 min I’m undergoing surgery to remove my appendics after all. That’s the latest after waking up to a horrific pain this morning.
At least having Wireless Lan in hospital distracts me from the pain a bit and keeps me from getting bored!