December 13, 2006

Seven things

I came across this meme and as I am currently bored (I curse the fact that I don't have a TV), as well as too tired to think but not tired enough to go to bed, I figure this beats staring at the wall...

Seven Things I Can Do

  • Play volleyball.
  • Devour large quantities of chocolate and biscuits.
  • Shop.
  • Almost everything, if I put my mind to it. (Except of course the seven points immediately below.)
  • Listen to someone spout absolute B***s*** and appear interested.
  • Talk on the phone for hours. Face to face I am a relatively quiet person but pass me a phone and I can talk forever. The longest conversation I ever had was five hours, only broken because it was time to meet.
  • Outfit other people. Well, that would go under "shop", too. I did say I was tired...

Seven Things I Can't Do

  • Wait. I am a very impatient person. Although it has gotten better since I moved to Berne.
  • Muster up any enthusiasm for cleaning. Hell no.
  • Save.
  • Do things in moderation.
  • Maths in my head. 182-19= ??? Pass me my calculator!
  • Drive slowly. Pair this with clumsiness and you can just imagine what my car looks like.
  • Put my head under water whilst swimming.

Seven Things That Scare Me

  • SPIDERS and any kind of creepy-crawly with more than six legs.
  • Driving in heavy snow.
  • Needles and nurses. A harried nurse once stabbed THROUGH my vein instead of into it. Went round with a black / blue / green / yellow elbow for a whole month. Charming. I'm sure she is a nice person underneath. Yeah right.
  • My close family dying. It is inevitable, I know. But it will be very painful, nonetheless.
  • Swimming in the open sea or in lakes. You never know what lurks beneath.
  • The scary bits in films. I tend to spend a lot of the time behind a pillow or covering my eyes. Can’t stomach scary scenes at all.
  • Drugs, or rather their effects.

Seven Things I Want To Do Before I Die

  • Live abroad somewhere.
  • Take a trip on the Trans-Siberian Railway.
  • Learn to speak Italian.
  • Donate time and money to charity / volunteer work.
  • Be able to do the splits.
  • Start up my own business. Am open to any kind of ideas ;-)
  • Have children. Maybe. Am still not quite sure if I want screaming brats. If one's children are always worse than oneself, I think I may reconsider this wonderful adventure.

Seven Random Facts About Me

  • I hardly have any nail on my little toe.
  • I can obsess about something for days.
  • I adore shopping early in the morning. Well, actually I love shopping any time of the day. But it’s so much better when there’s no long queue in front of the dressing rooms.
  • In the past five years, I have lived and worked in five countries and seven cities.
  • I have black fingers (as opposed to green fingers). The life expectancy of every plant diminishes rapidly should I be looking after it. Wonder why?
  • I love “Hello Kitty”.
  • I was born April 4th (4 is unlucky in Asia) and for some reason I feel drawn to the number 13 and black cats (both unlucky in Europe).