January 22, 2008

Goodbye

Our colleague's wife was buried yesterday. Such a sad, sad story.
To be honest, this was the fist funeral that brought forth the pain I carried round in my chest when Carmen died. It's gone now, but I was so surprised by its presence and the fact that it could come back with such a vengeance.

But life does go on, so on a happier note:
I went to Engelberg last weekend with my old volleyball mates (+ partners) and we had great fun. To my surprise I really enjoyed skiing! (Haven't been for at least 10 years.) Not that I was any good, but M gave me some lessons and my body actually managed to remember the movements I was supposed to make... as well as the pain the next day!
They had an igloo bar / restaurant / hotel near our place and we went there for a nightcap. Was pretty spectacular besides being freezing cold!