August 10, 2004

Toilets

Just came back from Johor Bharu yesterday. Was on a business trip, the usual, a conference. Forced to dress up nicely (Mum, that suit we bought is a real asset) and with a beaming smile in place I registered the participants. All went well until I needed the bathroom. Well, the details of my toilet are not going to be the subject of this post, however when it came to flushing the innocent looking monster I found that appearances can be very deceptive!
When you looked at the toilet there was this thing you could turn (no sign of the obvious flushing device), so I enthusiastically did so. To my absolute horror, a strong spurt of water came rushing out of the toilet, aimed straight at my chest! (Not a little trickle or anything like that, this was a full blown attack! As if you were squeezing the garden hose to increase the pressure of the water flow!) Luckily a split second reaction of mine saved me from being drenched from head to toe - how I would have explained my drowned-rat-appearance to all these high powered people I would not have known! I shudder at the thought!

On a happier note: Malaysia is swamped at the moment with a Mega Sale, the whole country has gone shopping mad for the ENTIRE AUGUST!!! Ah, absolute bliss, the malls stay open til 10 every night…