May 30, 2005

The annoying brother...

My peace & quiet has been shattered by the annoying squalls of a singular individual... my brother. If you can believe it, I am actually going to move in with him... well, sisterly love only goes so far (not that he needs telling!).

Having spent the entire afternoon first obsessing about my thesis then about the GMAT (I still can't decide if I want to go out for a Masters or an MBA) my computer has now put a halt to my surfing addiction and has decided to overheat. AND it's not even warm today!

This irritability of mine may have something to do with the fact that I moved my sluggish body to the fitness studio at 7 am this morning. Weird thing though – I actually enjoyed it. Wonder if I can muster enough nerve to do the same tomorrow? The only speck on the horizon was the presence of the studio’s owner this morning – a complete nitwit. I was happily chatting away to this new girl at the reception; she was really nice, quite bright and perky at that early hour. But then, out of the blue her boss appeared. I cannot stand the sight of that self-satisfied smile. His arrogant manner is so off-putting that I have seriously checked out other studios as possible alternatives, but to no avail.
Why don’t I like the guy? Well, besides having gotten rid of almost all of the fitness instructors I liked, we had a misunderstanding the first time we met: he practically accused me of sneaking in on the sly! On that day I had bought a single entry and as I did not sign out with a badge like regular members do, he adopted a very rude and overbearing tone, trying to wheedle the information out of me as to how I had gained access to the studio. The nitwit did not cop on to the fact that there were such things as a single entries. Fool. But it was not what was being said that irked me, but his whole manner. As soon as he realized that I had not done anything wrong and may actually be a potential customer, he changed his tune completely. From steely looks and unfriendly countenance he went to “we are the best of friends & don’t you want to become a regular member?” You could practically see the money signs rotating behind his eyes. Pathetic. Well, there can be too much of a good thing!