May 26, 2005

Life, love & luxury

Ah, the idle life...
This past week I did a good deed and spent a whole day listening to the woes of my new flatmate. He seems to be heartbrokenly in love with his ex-girlfriend and desperately wants her back. But they are both quite stubborn and are clinging to the wrongs of the other in an attempt to avoid a compromise. Yet there may be light at the end of the tunnel: the ex-girlfriend turned up yesterday and they both set off beaming. I haven't seen (or heard from) him since. :-)
Apart from playing the part of an agony aunt I have broken all my promises of trying to live more healthily after finishing my last semester: yesterday I subsisted on cheesecake and italian gelati, popcorn, as well as cider and wine. Ah, living in the lap of luxury... Mum decided that the latest must have is the Nespresso coffee machine (she drinks one coffee a day at most and even then it's decaf!), so we are now the proud owners of a sexy little model! Caffeine, the ambrosia & nectar of students and business people alike.