May 11, 2005

Beyond L'Oréal

So we didn’t win the L’Oréal competition, but we came in a very close second (out of 8 teams). L’Oréal was sufficiently impressed with our performance to say that they would be more open to consider applications from non-university students (!). As if that wasn’t praise enough they went on to say that they are going to dream up a little surprise to compensate for the fact that we cannot go to Paris!
Oh sure, I am disappointed that we didn’t win, but all things considered this is the best that could have happened!

Now I’m back at my desk, from one grindstone to the next, and immersing myself in Socially Responsible Investment. A fascinating subject, just writing about it is a bit of a drag.

But only 3 more months and then I am free! Future watch out, here I come!