June 16, 2005

Bridging the Basel-Zürich divide

Yesterday I spent the whole day in Zürich. Strolling through the streets, sampling a quick bite of mango, eating breakfast for lunch (can’t get enough of that!), and I even proved to myself that my memory hasn’t vanished into a cloud of smoke after all: I found a café I once visited about 2 years ago!
After lunch we (S&M and I, like the abbreviation) meandered along the cobbled streets. My legs got a good workout as I was wearing high heels – in my defense I can state that I was wearing office shoes for a good reason - but besides that fact I came to the conclusion that Zürich is quite beautiful. I need to hang out there more often (well, as soon as I renew my Gleis7).

My key ring now sports a new key! It just dangles there promisingly, making me want to rush off to the next IKEA and go mad. But no, I have to try to focus on my report. :-( Oh well, IKEA's open until 9pm, so maybe later.. if I can get the car..

I've just been told that the company my dad works for has a huge family day coming on – cue for a family invasion! I missed last year’s but apparently the bands were quite good and the drinks were fair. And as a classmate of mine is organizing the event I guess I need to show my support (or so!).